Re: [ippm] draft-ietf-ippm-rfc8889bis

Giuseppe Fioccola <giuseppe.fioccola@huawei.com> Wed, 06 July 2022 21:40 UTC

From: Giuseppe Fioccola <giuseppe.fioccola@huawei.com>
To: John Scudder <jgs@juniper.net>
CC: "draft-ietf-ippm-rfc8889bis@ietf.org" <draft-ietf-ippm-rfc8889bis@ietf.org>, "ippm@ietf.org" <ippm@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2022 21:40:41 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.81.218.69]
Subject: Re: [ippm] draft-ietf-ippm-rfc8889bis

Hi John,
Yes, it is correct, the cluster definition and the related network partition is a general concept valid for any connected graph of routers. It is not specific of the Alt-Mark methodology. But, since the Alt-Mark method allows to batch packets for precise loss measurement and can be extended to a multipoint environment, it has the feature to leverage the cluster partition in order to enable flexible performance measurement.

Regards,

Giuseppe