[ippm] Protocol Action: 'Clustered Alternate-Marking Method' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ippm-rfc8889bis-04.txt)

The IESG <iesg-secretary@ietf.org> Mon, 26 September 2022 17:01 UTC

From: The IESG <iesg-secretary@ietf.org>
To: IETF-Announce <ietf-announce@ietf.org>
Cc: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, draft-ietf-ippm-rfc8889bis@ietf.org, ippm-chairs@ietf.org, ippm@ietf.org, martin.h.duke@gmail.com, rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org, tpauly@apple.com
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2022 10:01:48 -0700
Subject: [ippm] Protocol Action: 'Clustered Alternate-Marking Method' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ippm-rfc8889bis-04.txt)

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Clustered Alternate-Marking Method'
  (draft-ietf-ippm-rfc8889bis-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Performance Measurement Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Zaheduzzaman Sarker and Martin Duke.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ippm-rfc8889bis/

Technical Summary

   This document generalizes and expands Alternate-Marking methodology
   to measure any kind of unicast flow whose packets can follow several
   different paths in the network -- in wider terms, a multipoint-to-
   multipoint network.  For this reason, the technique here described is
   called "Multipoint Alternate Marking".  This document obsoletes
   RFC8889.

Working Group Summary

This is small bis update we took through the WG quickly. It had clear
consensus, with
about 1/3-1/2 of the active WG chiming in. Both RFC8321bis and
RFC8889bis are being taken through the process together.

Document Quality

Our adoption call of the -bis document raised the question of implementations,
and several implementations were discussed on the mailing list.

Personnel

The Shepherd is Tommy Pauly. The Responsible AD is Martin Duke.