RE: clarification of blanket statement text

"Lawrence Rosen" <lrosen@rosenlaw.com> Thu, 24 February 2005 03:16 UTC

From: Lawrence Rosen <lrosen@rosenlaw.com>
To: "'George T. Willingmyre'" <gtw@gtwassociates.com>, 'Powers Chuck-RXCP20' <Chuck.Powers@motorola.com>, rbarr@cisco.com, "'Contreras, Jorge'" <Jorge.Contreras@wilmerhale.com>, 'Harald Tveit Alvestrand' <harald@alvestrand.no>, 'Scott W Brim' <sbrim@cisco.com>, ipr-wg@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 14:42:58 -0800
Subject: RE: clarification of blanket statement text
Sender: ipr-wg-bounces@ietf.org

> ... Can we have a discussion of this at
> the IPR WG meeting in Minneapolis?

I've seen this suggestion in several recent emails. Some of us will not be
in attendance in Minneapolis. Of course, anyone can discuss anything they
want to anywhere. But I hope that important issues will be discussed
publicly in this online forum rather than privately among the few who will
be in Minneapolis. More specifically, I hope that there will be no attempt
to vote there on anything important without full discussion before-hand on
this list. Is that the way it works in IETF?

/Larry

Lawrence Rosen
Rosenlaw & Einschlag, technology law offices (www.rosenlaw.com)
3001 King Ranch Road, Ukiah, CA 95482
707-485-1242  ●  fax: 707-485-1243
Author of “Open Source Licensing: Software Freedom
               and Intellectual Property Law” (Prentice Hall 2004)