Re: I-D Action: draft-bradner-rfc3979bis-06.txt

"Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com> Sun, 13 October 2013 00:40 UTC

Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 20:40:38 -0400
From: "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>
To: Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: I-D Action: draft-bradner-rfc3979bis-06.txt
Cc: IPR WG <ipr-wg@ietf.org>

Brian, thank you for highlighting this change.
I am a bit surprised by this change, as it does not seem to follow from
the discussion either on the list or in person.  Given how much
dissension there is about this aspect of the guidelines, why is such a
change being added by the authors on their own at this stage of the effort?

Yours,
Joel