RE: FW: [Ips] Recent comments about FCoE and iSCSI

Michael Krause <krause@cup.hp.com> Thu, 26 April 2007 22:08 UTC

Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:06:19 -0700
To: <ips@ietf.org>
From: Michael Krause <krause@cup.hp.com>
Subject: RE: FW: [Ips] Recent comments about FCoE and iSCSI

Out of curiosity, unless someone is proposing a change in the iSCSI spec to
accommodate something unique to FCoE, isn't this entire debate really not
an IETF topic?   Until the proponents of FCoE make their draft proposals
available for public consumption and debate, this discussion is somewhat
occurring in a vacuum.   Same goes for comprehending all that is in
DCE.   It needs to be completely public to understand whether what is
proposed makes sense to the broader implementation community w.r.t. to
storage.

Mike