Re: [Ips] iSCSI-specific unit attention conditions

brown_David1@emc.com Tue, 31 March 2009 20:11 UTC

From: brown_David1@emc.com
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:11:34 -0400
To: Paul_Koning@dell.com, Frederick.Knight@netapp.com
Cc: ips@ietf.org, Black_David@emc.com
Subject: Re: [Ips] iSCSI-specific unit attention conditions

Maybe this is obvious to the T10 folks in the audience, but . . . Since
these unit attentions use an ASC of 3F, they indicate a change to the
operating state of the device.  No commands are affected.  From the
concise wording of the 05-406 proposal, it's hard to be sure what the
author intended, but it sounds to me like the target is telling the
initiator about a change in the membership of the portal group.

Might be caused by a configuration change, possibly by hot-plugging
another network interface card into the target system.

DJ Brown