Re: [IPsec] Preliminary minutes for the IPsecME meeting

<mohamed.boucadair@orange.com> Fri, 29 March 2019 06:43 UTC

From: mohamed.boucadair@orange.com
To: Valery Smyslov <smyslov.ietf@gmail.com>, 'Tero Kivinen' <kivinen@iki.fi>, "ipsec@ietf.org" <ipsec@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 06:43:09 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.114.13.245]
Subject: Re: [IPsec] Preliminary minutes for the IPsecME meeting

Hi Valery,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

As shown in the slides presented in the meeting, both approaches are acceptable and simple. There is a difference at the server side though: in the approach currently documented in the I-D, the code is blindly returned (i.e., the code is explicit about the capability) while in the other one the code is returned as a function of the requested address.

I personally like explicit codes as this is helpful for troubleshooting at the initiator side when problems are encountered.

That's said, I don't have a problem to make the change if this is what the WG wants.

Cheers,
Med