[IPsec] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-kampati-ipsecme-ikev2-sa-ts-payloads-opt-01.txt

"Panwei (William)" <william.panwei@huawei.com> Wed, 22 May 2019 07:37 UTC

From: "Panwei (William)" <william.panwei@huawei.com>
To: Paul Wouters <paul@nohats.ca>, Y Sowji <sowji_eluri@yahoo.com>, "ipsec@ietf.org" <ipsec@ietf.org>
CC: Sandeep Kampati <sandeepkampati@huawei.com>, "Meduri S S Bharath (A)" <MeduriS.Bharath@huawei.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 07:37:17 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.134.37.117]
Subject: [IPsec] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-kampati-ipsecme-ikev2-sa-ts-payloads-opt-01.txt

Hi Paul, Sowjanya and folks,

Thanks a lot for Paul and Sowjanya’s reviews, we have modified our draft based on your comments.

The new version draft includes the following main changes:

1. Redesign the sections to make the structure more reasonable and the draft more readable.

2. Change the negotiation of support to the IKE_AUTH phase, and change the support notification’s name.

3. Detail the optimization for rekeying IKE SAs, and use SA_UNCHANGED notification payload to replace SA payloads.

4. Detail the optimization for rekeying Child SAs, and use SA_TS_UNCHANGED notification payload to replace SA and TS payload.

5. For rekeying Child SAs, we currently remove the consideration that only omitting TS payloads, because we think this kind omitting will introduce more complexities. Initiator SA payload, Initiator TS payload, Responder SA payload and Responder TS payload, if either of these four payloads can be omitted, there will be up to 16 circumstances, that will be too complex.

Comments and reviews for the new version draft are very welcome.

Best Regards

Wei Pan