Re[2]: Vendors who are implementing IPSEC, step forward....

kschohl@aiag.org (karl schohl) Wed, 10 September 1997 11:43 UTC

Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 19:47:47 -0700
From: kschohl@aiag.org
Subject: Re[2]: Vendors who are implementing IPSEC, step forward....
To: Rick Smith <smith@securecomputing.com>, "Theodore Y. Ts'o" <tytso@MIT.EDU>
Cc: ipsec@tis.com
Sender: owner-ipsec@ex.tis.com

I think that it would be in the vendors' best interest to wait until after the
interoperability workshop and determine if and when a common press-release can
be put together.  We could decide this lon the 24th or 25th.  A pre-released
list worked last time, wherein a magazine stated "vendors a,b,c...z met at
Lawrence Tech in Southfield, Michigan to test IPSec..." and this was just a
simple paragraph, but we had only 15 vendors at the time.  This list is quite
extensive now, Moskowitz is receiving additions all the time, and we will miss
someone so unless we are PR people, we should wait for a coordinated effort.

The AiAG's Public Relations firm could help to coordinate this.  Each company
could then use this information to refine their own (release), if they so
desired.

Interop is coming, so the a lot of bull is going to fly.  A reporter starts
out
with "who is participating" and then come the real questions and then
enough for
a half-baked, half-informed article.

Karl E. Schohl
ANX Business Manager