Re: [IPsec] NUDGE: WG Last Call for draft-ietf-ipsecme-dh-checks

Yoav Nir <ynir@checkpoint.com> Tue, 09 April 2013 14:45 UTC

From: Yoav Nir <ynir@checkpoint.com>
To: Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman@vpnc.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 14:45:37 +0000
x-originating-ip: [172.31.20.203]
x-kse-antivirus-interceptor-info: scan successful
x-kse-antivirus-info: Clean
Cc: IPsecme WG <ipsec@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [IPsec] NUDGE: WG Last Call for draft-ietf-ipsecme-dh-checks

Hi

tl;dr: Looks fine, please publish

I am not a cryptographer and not competent to comment on the issues that this draft is trying to solve or on the quality of this solution.

Speaking strictly as a developer, the text is clear and understandable. Doing the mental exercise of estimating what it would take to implement this in my code, it was very easy to add the prescribed tests in the two places they would be needed, with about 5 lines of extra code apiece. (of course it helps to have access to the OpenSSL library with functions such as ec_GFp_simple_is_at_infinity() and ec_GFp_simple_is_on_curve() rather than having to implement them myself)

Yoav