Re: [Iptel] How To Give Suggestions

Gautam Yadav <gautyada@gmail.com> Wed, 07 September 2011 09:11 UTC

Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 14:43:05 +0530
From: Gautam Yadav <gautyada@gmail.com>
To: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <vkg@bell-labs.com>
Cc: fluffy@cisco.com, iptel@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Iptel] How To Give Suggestions

Hi Vijay,

thanks for your response. Please allow me to try one more time to explain my
point with help of an example. I have attached a call flow for your
reference.

"A" party is the subscriber of Switch-1 and has taken a service called
"Caller Identity Delivery Supression" (CIDS). "B" party is the subscriber of
Switch-2. Switch-1 and Switch-2 are connected through SIP trunk. Also we
need to transport the trunk group parameters in the contact header of the
INVITE message when A places the call to B. This is how the INVITE from
Switch-1 to Switch-2 looks like:

INVITE sip:5746064748@192.168.10.10:5060;user=phone SIP/2.0

Via: SIP/2.0/UDP  192.168.10.20:5060;branch=z9hG4bK_1103250270916482186