RE: New Version Notification for draft-mudric-6man-lcs-01.txt

Vasilenko Eduard <vasilenko.eduard@huawei.com> Tue, 20 October 2020 17:49 UTC

From: Vasilenko Eduard <vasilenko.eduard@huawei.com>
To: "Mudric, Dusan" <dmudric@ciena.com>, Alexandre Petrescu <alexandre.petrescu@cea.fr>, "ipv6@ietf.org" <ipv6@ietf.org>, "alexandre.petrescu@gmail.com" <alexandre.petrescu@gmail.com>, Mark Smith <markzzzsmith@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: New Version Notification for draft-mudric-6man-lcs-01.txt
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 17:49:46 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.47.206.45]

Hi Dusan,
I believe that this WG would not permit you to hardcode into ND the mandatory resolution for GUA to LLA for local link (to fully prohibit local communicating by GUA).
Hence, I have assumed 2 steps: one for address translation, second for transmission itself.
I did think more and understood that there is the second option: to have separate API. One would work as it is now. Second API would mandatory translate GUA to LLA.

I do not know which one option is worse: both needs application change.
Eduard