Re: TSV-ART Telechat review of draft-ietf-6man-rfc1981bis-04

Joe Touch <touch@isi.edu> Fri, 17 March 2017 22:55 UTC

Subject: Re: TSV-ART Telechat review of draft-ietf-6man-rfc1981bis-04
To: Bob Hinden <bob.hinden@gmail.com>
Cc: "tsv-art@ietf.org" <tsv-art@ietf.org>, IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, IPv6 List <ipv6@ietf.org>
From: Joe Touch <touch@isi.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 15:54:46 -0700

Hi, Bob (et al.),

Although I appreciate the goal of avoiding a major rewrite, I cannot see
how to advance this document with these substantive errors intact.
Moving forward in its current state propagates these errors.

Note that there are also two points below that you did not address:

- item #4 about ECMP

- the minor issue bullet point about the need for fragmentation

I'll hold off suggesting text as requested below until you decide how to
proceed.

Joe