Subject: Re: FW: Next steps discussing Routing Challenges of Semantic Addressing

From: Nick Hilliard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2021 12:56:42 +0100

Brian E Carpenter wrote on 06/05/2021 23:21:
> On 07-May-21 08:34, Nick Hilliard wrote:
>> Robert Raszuk wrote on 06/05/2021 21:04:
>>> May I ask why this topic is being taken outside of IETF ?
>>>
>>> Is it so difficult to create a new list ? Or is this so off topic to say
>>> ipv6 or 6man lists that it can not be discussed there ?
>>
>> briefly:
>>
>> 1. yes
>> 2. no
>> 3. yes
> 
> 4. It's an IRTF topic anyway.

On the separate mailing list thing, these are ideas which need a bit of 
blue-sky thinking, so there really isn't an issue using a separate mail 
server for it. The most productive discussions often happen with wild 
ideas thrown around over a coffee with notes written on the back of a 
paper napkin, so neither the IRTF nor the IETF need to feel insecure 
that any initial discussions are happening elsewhere.  If there's an 
outcome which is worth pursuing, that'll be the time when people will 
naturally move it over to I*TF.

Nick