RE: Review of draft-ietf-6man-rfc1981bis-04

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Tue, 07 March 2017 03:52 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: 'Bob Hinden' <bob.hinden@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: Review of draft-ietf-6man-rfc1981bis-04
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 22:47:19 -0500
Cc: ops-dir@ietf.org, 'IPv6 List' <ipv6@ietf.org>, 'IETF' <ietf@ietf.org>, draft-ietf-6man-rfc1981bis.all@ietf.org

Bob:

Thank you for your response.    I'm pulling up the remaining questions to the top here.  All my questions were about corner cases and "what ifs" - which is just the result of being a reviewer of a long-implemented specification.

1) I thought the IPv6 LAN was targeted for new mobile networks or sensor networks.   If so, it may be in the future that the wireless connections would want to change the MTU on a network to increase the ability to change the MTU.   If you're answer is, we'll make the timer adjustment when these technology use it in this way, this is a fine answer.

2) On, your comment:
> I believe what will happen is that the host will use the new MTU in any new connections it establishes.   Existing connections will continue with preview MTU.
Did I miss this in the draft?   Just to sharpen my knowledge of this draft.

3) The question #4 - I was trying to determine what the interaction between the SEND with an MTU size option, and this update to RFC1918.   It appears in the specification these two functions are interacting.   Is this my imagination?  If not, just for my own information - where do I find this in the specification.

Thanks,

Sue