Murray Kucherawy's No Objection on draft-ietf-6man-grand-06: (with COMMENT)

Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Thu, 01 July 2021 05:20 UTC

From: Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-6man-grand@ietf.org, 6man-chairs@ietf.org, ipv6@ietf.org, Bob Hinden <bob.hinden@gmail.com>
Subject: Murray Kucherawy's No Objection on draft-ietf-6man-grand-06: (with COMMENT)
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 22:20:50 -0700

Murray Kucherawy has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-6man-grand-06: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-grand/

COMMENT:

I don't see a lot of transport documents that make me think this, but: Kudos
for an easy read.

In Sections 6.1.1 and 6.1.2, there are the following uses of BCP 14 language:

* "Routers SHOULD create a new entry ..."

* "In such cases a node SHOULD send up to MAX_NEIGHBOR_ADVERTISEMENT Neighbor
Advertisement messages."

* "If the address is preferred then the Override flag SHOULD NOT be set."

* "The destination address SHOULD be set to the all-routers multicast address."

* "The first advertisement SHOULD be sent as soon as one of the following
events happens:"

To a transport expert the answer to this may be obvious, but I'm left wondering
why these are only SHOULD [NOT]s.  Is there a ever a good reason to deviate
from those instructions?  I generally find it helps to, when using SHOULD
[NOT], include a sentence or two about why it might be necessary to do
something else, to guide novice readers.  It's not strictly necessary, but
something to consider here.

Apart from that, I have only a couple of boring nits to offer:

Section 1:

* "It can causes ..." -- s/causes/cause/

Section 5:

* "The section 2.2 of ..." -- s/The section/Section/