Roman Danyliw's No Objection on draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-11: (with COMMENT)

Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Tue, 20 October 2020 20:48 UTC

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis@ietf.org, 6man-chairs@ietf.org, ipv6@ietf.org, Ole Trøan <otroan@employees.org>, otroan@employees.org
Subject: Roman Danyliw's No Objection on draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-11: (with COMMENT)
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 13:48:54 -0700

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis-11: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-rfc4941bis/

COMMENT:

I support Ben Kaduk’s DISCUSS position around the need for clarity on what
“statistically different” means (per Section 3).

I also strongly concur with Ben’s guidance on the construction of the RID in
Section 3.3.1

** Section 3.*.  The guidance uses the language of “deprecate”.  This to me
would suggest some notion of state being kept where I know I’ve used an address
before and I won’t use it again.  However, that doesn’t seem right here.

** Section 3.1.  Per “it must be difficult for an outside entity …”, what’s the
rough thinking on the workload for “difficult” or is there more precise
language.  I ask because Section 2.1

** Section 3.3. The subsections present two different algorithms.  Is there an
MTI approach?

** Section 3.3.2.  This section suggests that use of SHA-256, but is there
normative guidance on an MTI algorithm?

** Section 3.3.2.  If the hash algorithm output length exceeds the needed
identifier length, how should truncations be handled?

** Editorial
-- Section 1.2.  Nit.  For consistency, s/on-link/on path/