RE: Re:BIER in IPv6 --- draft-zhang-bier-bierin6-04

"Gengxuesong (Geng Xuesong)" <gengxuesong@huawei.com> Mon, 23 March 2020 03:03 UTC

From: "Gengxuesong (Geng Xuesong)" <gengxuesong@huawei.com>
To: "zhang.zheng@zte.com.cn" <zhang.zheng@zte.com.cn>, "6man@ietf.org" <6man@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: Re:BIER in IPv6 --- draft-zhang-bier-bierin6-04
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 03:03:22 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.108.148.217]

Hi Sandy and authors of draft-zhang-bier-bierin6:

I have some questions about the section 2 when reading the draft. It is mentioned that:
“If... The destination address in IPv6 header SHOULD be the neighbor's link-local address.
Otherwise... the destination address SHOULD be the BIER prefix of the BFR neighbor.”
Seems like the draft proposes 2 methods of IPv6 header encapsulation.
Could these 2 methods be combined ? If not, what's the use case and design consideration for each method?

Best Regards
Xuesong