Subject: Re: Confirmation to advance: draft-ietf-6man-ipv6only-flag-05
From: Mark Smith <[email-masked]>
To: Philip Homburg <[email-masked]>
Cc: 6man WG <[email-masked]>, Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 10:12:19 +1000
List-Id: "IPv6 Maintenance Working Group \(6man\)" <ipv6.ietf.org>

On Tue., 30 Apr. 2019, 04:32 Philip Homburg, <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> >I think that the objectors have been rather few, have been unreasonably
> loud
> >and very repetitive.
>
> Here is the opinion of operators at the RIPE meeting last fall:
> https://ripe77.ripe.net/archives/video/2335/
> Reactions at 5:38
>

How many have read the draft?

Should they be making judgement and we accept judgement based on a short
and single presentation by somebody who has a bias against it?

Have they seen a presentation from somebody who is for it?

> Of course in true tradition of the IETF, operator input is mostly ignored.
>

I think this is approaching an appeal to authority.

>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
> [email-masked]
> Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
>