Re: Status of draft-ietf-6man-lineid

t.petch <ietfc@btconnect.com> Wed, 18 July 2012 08:38 UTC

From: t.petch <ietfc@btconnect.com>
To: Brian Haberman <brian@innovationslab.net>, 6man WG <ipv6@ietf.org>, 6man Chairs <6man-chairs@tools.ietf.org>, Barry Leiba <barryleiba@computer.org>, Pete Resnick <presnick@qualcomm.com>, Ralph Droms <rdroms.ietf@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Status of draft-ietf-6man-lineid
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 09:35:02 +0100

Angels on the head of a pin.

I think that almost all the world is unaware of the different
classifications and so the answer for them is moot.  Yes, I know, a few
official bodies do care but for Internet at large, it will make no
difference.

That said, I care and think that PS is alway preferrable unless there is
a good reason not to, that is, we should keep other categories, such as
Experimental, for those when we really do care and want a strong marker
that we can refer back to afterwards when those who do not appreciate
the difference have stumbled over it.

If in doubt, PS every time.

Tom Petch