Re: A 3rd try at a proposal for draft-ietf-6man-rfc4291bis-07

Alexandre Petrescu <alexandre.petrescu@gmail.com> Mon, 06 March 2017 20:47 UTC

Subject: Re: A 3rd try at a proposal for draft-ietf-6man-rfc4291bis-07
To: ipv6@ietf.org
From: Alexandre Petrescu <alexandre.petrescu@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 21:47:00 +0100

agreed with some of the things that I cut but I have one question.

Le 06/03/2017 à 19:46, Lorenzo Colitti a écrit :
> If we allow the boundary to change, there is a near certainty that
> too-small subnets *will* be configured in some places,

and is IETF a place to make recommendations of making big or small
subnets?  Isnt it for the RIRs to make such recommendations?

I mean RIRs decide what to allocate, when there is shortage or not.

But with 64 you seem to be wanting to keep a limit there in order to be
able to unlimit later, or something like that, right?

Alex