RE: RE: about security level evaluation of draft-zhou-6man-mhash-cga-00

Christian Huitema <huitema@microsoft.com> Thu, 29 March 2012 00:23 UTC

From: Christian Huitema <huitema@microsoft.com>
To: "zhou.sujing@zte.com.cn" <zhou.sujing@zte.com.cn>
Subject: RE: RE: about security level evaluation of draft-zhou-6man-mhash-cga-00
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 00:23:38 +0000
x-originating-ip: [157.54.51.73]
Cc: "ipv6@ietf.org" <ipv6@ietf.org>

Sujin,

Your statement  “after attacker has cracked a CGA address, then it is in the same stand as the defender” is incorrect. The attacker will not need 65536 additional trials; he will need to find a matching CGA address 65536 times, and each trial is just as complex as finding a matching CGA address. The defender on the other hand can pick any CGA address he wants, so he has to perform just 65536 trials.

-- Christian Huitema