RE: [spring] draft-ietf-spring-srv6-network-programming: NH=59 action item closure

Xiejingrong <xiejingrong@huawei.com> Sat, 14 September 2019 03:22 UTC

From: Xiejingrong <xiejingrong@huawei.com>
To: "Joel M. Halpern" <jmh@joelhalpern.com>, "Pablo Camarillo (pcamaril)" <pcamaril@cisco.com>, SPRING WG <spring@ietf.org>
CC: "6man@ietf.org" <6man@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: [spring] draft-ietf-spring-srv6-network-programming: NH=59 action item closure
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 03:21:50 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.217.214]

I agree with Joel, and strongly opposed to the proposal text !

"The value TBD in the Next Header field of an IPv6 header or any extension header indicates that the payload content is identified via the segment identifier in the IPv6 Destination Address."

It is a hole digging to exclude other possible ways of indication of 'Opaque Payload format', for example, use IPv6 Source Address, or use options in EH to identify.

As I raise this question in March, I haven't expect the proposal would be so tricky!

Thanks
Jingrong