Re: [ire] Extended Verification Process

David Kipling <David.Kipling@nccgroup.com> Mon, 18 March 2013 09:41 UTC

From: David Kipling <David.Kipling@nccgroup.com>
To: James Mitchell <james.mitchell@ausregistry.com.au>, Francisco Obispo <fobispo@isc.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 09:37:22 +0000
x-originating-ip: [172.20.5.228]
Cc: "ire@ietf.org" <ire@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [ire] Extended Verification Process

I was expecting the namespace declarations to be at the root level so I will investigate if there are any scenarios where this could cause an issue, though as Francisco mentioned as long as the XML document provided is internally consistent and the prefixes in the XPath query use the prefixes defined in the document then there is no problem.  My implementation maps from the document namespaces to the namespace prefixes I use in my validation, therefore as long as the xml document provided is consistent then there would be no issue.  As you mention I have already had to manage the use of rdeDom to my prefix of rdeDomain with no problems.

I am keen though to understand the problem domain more as you mention the use of namespaces with EPP toolkits etc. could be an issue.  The only issue I would have with the example below would be that the XPath query uses prefix "E" which is not defined in the document below.  This would require the original document to be updated to include prefix "E".  Can you think of any other concerns on the proposed update?

Regards

David