Re: [ire] Deposit Identifiers

Gustavo Lozano <gustavo.lozano@icann.org> Tue, 09 April 2013 09:04 UTC

From: Gustavo Lozano <gustavo.lozano@icann.org>
To: James Mitchell <james.mitchell@ausregistry.com.au>, "ire@ietf.org" <ire@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 02:04:03 -0700
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [ire] Deposit Identifiers

Thank you James,

In the new version of the specification the text will be updated to:

A REQUIRED "id" attribute that is used to uniquely identify the escrow deposit. Each registry is responsible for maintaining its own escrow deposits identifier space to ensure uniqueness. The identifier must be unique even for escrow deposits generated for the same Timeline Watermark.

We need the identifier because the data escrow specification was developed for general escrow in mind, resend is optional (but required for new gTLDs) and several deposits could have the same Timeline Watermark (e.g. resending).

Regards,
Gustavo