Re: [ire] Support for Launch Applications and Claims in draft-arias-noguchi-dnrd-objects-mapping

James Mitchell <james.mitchell@ausregistry.com.au> Wed, 14 May 2014 00:22 UTC

From: James Mitchell <james.mitchell@ausregistry.com.au>
To: "Gould, James" <JGould@verisign.com>, "ire@ietf.org" <ire@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 00:22:21 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.30.16.78]
x-kse-antivirus-interceptor-info: scan successful
x-kse-antivirus-info: Clean
Subject: Re: [ire] Support for Launch Applications and Claims in draft-arias-noguchi-dnrd-objects-mapping

SMD and Claims information should not be included in the deposit as in most cases this is akin to the escrow of partial historical information not required to rebuild a working registry. However those registry operators that offer services that depend on, or require this information for the operation of the registry, should be escrowing this data already as prescribed in the Registry Agreement, Specification 2, Section 3.2, copied below for everyones reference.

3.2.            Extensions.  If a Registry Operator offers additional Registry Services that require submission of additional data, not included above, additional “extension schemas” shall be defined in a case by case basis to represent that data.  These “extension schemas” will be specified as described in Part A, Section 9, reference 2 of this Specification.  Data related to the “extensions schemas” will be included in the deposit file described in Part A, Section 3.1 of this Specification.  ICANN and the respective Registry Operator shall work together to agree on such new objects’ data escrow specifications.

I believe this is an ideal candidate to continue as a separate extension independent of the already unreadable escrow specification. Further, I don’t foresee any need to restore a failed registry into pending launch phase and would rather not see it in the specification. Again, I would consider it as an extension and treated as above.

Regards,
James Mitchell
Product Manager / ARI Registry Services