Re: [irs-discuss] Suggestions for IRS Way Forward

Susan Hares <susan.hares@huawei.com> Fri, 10 August 2012 19:19 UTC

From: Susan Hares <susan.hares@huawei.com>
To: "robert@raszuk.net" <robert@raszuk.net>, Thomas Nadeau <tnadeau@juniper.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 19:17:32 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.212.244.143]
Cc: James Kempf <james.kempf@ericsson.com>, "irs-discuss@ietf.org" <irs-discuss@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [irs-discuss] Suggestions for IRS Way Forward

Robert:

Here's the questions I have to the authors of this draft:

1. How does this draft prevent sending this non-routing information to the whole BGP peers?

    The draft says private peering.  The question is regarding the private peer - is do the implementations
    Have the knobs to aid the detection and enforcement of this private peering?

    I believe you have seen the questions by operators (e.g., Rob).

2. How does this draft impact the ROA work? Is it orthogonal?  Will the ROA work be turned off
   For the draft-gredler-idr-ls-distribution-01?

3. Is this for IBGP only?  Or is it for EBGP in AS Confederations?
   How does the RR infrastructure get protected?

Sue