Re: [irs-discuss] IRS Problem Statement Posted

Susan Hares <susan.hares@huawei.com> Tue, 31 July 2012 01:27 UTC

From: Susan Hares <susan.hares@huawei.com>
To: Nitin Bahadur <nitinb@juniper.net>, James Kempf <james.kempf@ericsson.com>, Thomas Nadeau <tnadeau@juniper.net>, "irs-discuss@ietf.org" <irs-discuss@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 01:24:39 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.212.245.101]
Subject: Re: [irs-discuss] IRS Problem Statement Posted

Nitin:

Exposing some network intelligence can either be done in detail or in some amount of summarization.
If you are doing detail, you have bandwidth issues. If you are doing summarization or opacity, you are talking about layers of information.

Apps need to find out what they need to get. They do not need all the details - just the fact they can get from point A to Point B (or for multi-cast B/C/D). They need to where they can go to date other applications.  They need a match-maker for the application who determine where the applications shall flow.  Now, if they are smart - like people going out to eat - they pick several ways go to eat traffic.

The network orchestration then serves to be the paths to the place to eat.  This can either be distributed or centralized.

If we have an Interface to routing, it need to have a two-layer concept of exposing information.

Sue Hares