Re: [Irtf-mobility-charter] IP Mobility Optimizations (Mob Opts) RG charter

Alexandru Petrescu <petrescu@nal.motlabs.com> Mon, 06 October 2003 17:23 UTC

Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 19:22:07 +0200
From: Alexandru Petrescu <petrescu@nal.motlabs.com>
To: Rajeev Koodli <rajeev@iprg.nokia.com>
Cc: irtf-mobility-charter@irtf.org
Subject: Re: [Irtf-mobility-charter] IP Mobility Optimizations (Mob Opts) RG charter
Sender: irtf-mobility-charter-admin@ietf.org

Rajeev Koodli wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> attached is the charter. Please provide your input.

Hello Rajeev, thank you for sending this.

I must acknowledge I'm taken a little bit by surprise by this
announcement, but this must be related to me having difficulty to keep
updated of the most recent advancements at ietf and irtf on mobility.

Could you please introduce this charter a little bit, a bit of recent
history, etc, thank you and sorry if I look clueless it's because things
happened so fast recently.

Was there an IRTF-mobility sort of BoF taking place in Vienna?

Is this somehow related to the mipshop BoF?  Has the mipshop BoF become
an IETF WG?  Referencing HMIP in this irtf-mobility charter seems to
relate to mipshop somehow.

Is this somehow related to the Routing Research group; there existed a
small irtf subgroup dubbed rr-mm (routing research for micromobility)
whose main results was a generic draft with MIND results and which seems
to overlap at some points with this charter (e.g. the MAP thing).

And, finally, have I manually subscribed to this list and my memory
fails me remembering of doing so, or somebody else subscribed me to this
list?  What's the current list membership?  (I've tried mailman
interface on www.irtf.org but to no avail).  Whatever happened, I'm glad
to be here but wanted to know who else is here, what's the status on
openness/private, etc.

"a terminal handovers" might be ok and I prefer
"a terminal hands over".

Thank you for any information,

Alex
GBU