[ischedule] Registration is open for CalConnect XXX in Dulles, Virginia, May 19-23 2014, hosted by AOL

Dave Thewlis <Dave.Thewlis@calconnect.org> Tue, 18 March 2014 17:11 UTC

From: Dave Thewlis <Dave.Thewlis@calconnect.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 10:08:37 -0700
To: "caldav@ietf.org" <caldav@ietf.org>, "calsify@ietf.org" <calsify@ietf.org>, ischedule list <ischedule@ietf.org>
Subject: [ischedule] Registration is open for CalConnect XXX in Dulles, Virginia, May 19-23 2014, hosted by AOL

This invitation is going to the calendaring-related lists for caldav, calsify, and ischedule.  We apologize to those who receive multiple copies of the e-mail due to being subscribed to more than one of these lists.

Registration is now open and hotel reservations are available for CalConnect XXX in Dulles, Virginia, May 19-23, 2014.  The logistics page is located at http://www.calconnect.org/calconnect30.shtml and contains hotel booking information, locations, meeting venue, travel information, etc.

Our meeting venue is AOL’s Steve Crane Center at 22000 AOL Way, about 2 miles from Dulles International Airport.

The Doubletree Sterling/Dulles Airport is our Conference Hotel.  The hotel is about 4 miles from the airport, and runs a 24-hour shuttle between the airport and the hotel which also stops at AOL.  Booking at our rate is done through AOL Travel Services; information is available via the logistics page links above.

As always, the first half of the week will be an Interoperability Test Event and the last half, starting Wednesday with lunch, will be the CalConnect Conference (formerly “Roundtable”).  In addition to the regular Technical Committee sessions and possible BOFs we expect to have report-outs from the Contacts Sharing Provisional Committee and the FSC (Federated Shared Calendar) Ad Hoc/Provisional Committee.

We are pleased to announce that there will be a special Workshop on the VA Scheduling System on Wednesday afternoon during the Conference, open to the public by registration and to all participants at the Interoperability Test Event and the Conference.

In late 2012, The U.S. Veterans Administration announced a "prize contest"  to "...encourage creation of systems that help Veterans make appointments to receive outpatient and ambulatory care from the Veterans Health Administration." and to ultimately "...to replace the current Medical Scheduling Package (MSP) with a scheduling product which is a standards-based, modular, extensible and scalable, ..."

Recently, the winning proposals were announced.  One of the winning teams has accepted our invitation to attend, and to present at, the workshop.

The workshop is to discuss health care scheduling requirements, especially in the context of the Veterans’ Administration Scheduling System challenge, to examine possible changes or additions to the standards and drafts to better support the scheduling for health care.

Please contact me with any questions.

Dave Thewlis

--
Dave Thewlis, Executive Director
CalConnect - The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium