[ischedule] Registration is now open for CalConnect XXVI, January 28 - February 1, 2013, Santa Clara, California

Dave Thewlis <Dave.Thewlis@calconnect.org> Fri, 16 November 2012 20:44 UTC

From: Dave Thewlis <Dave.Thewlis@calconnect.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 12:43:55 -0800
To: calsify@ietf.org, IETF IETF vcarddav list <vcarddav@ietf.org>, caldav@ietf.org, ischedule list <ischedule@ietf.org>
Subject: [ischedule] Registration is now open for CalConnect XXVI, January 28 - February 1, 2013, Santa Clara, California

This notification is going to several calendaring-related mailing lists, which means that you are quite likely to receive it more than once, our apologies for the duplications.

Registration is now open for CalConnect XXVI,  January 28 - February 1, 2013, hosted by Oracle in Santa Clara, California

As usual, Monday and Tuesday all day and Wednesday morning will be the Interoperability Test Event; Wednesday afternoon, Thursday, and Friday will be the CalConnect Roundtable Technical Conference.

About CalConnect:

For more information about CalConnect, The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium, please see http://www.calconnect.org.

About CalConnect XXVI

Logistics information for this event may be found at http://www.calconnect.org/calconnect26.shtml including travel, preliminary hotel, and other planning information.  A general schedule is posted, but will be updated nearer to the event with the actual session schedule and with topical agendas for the schedule.

The meeting venue is on the Oracle campus at 4040 Palm Drive, Santa Clara, California. Hotel information is preliminary as we have not selected a conference hotel yet; there are a number of hotels in the area and a list provided by Oracle is available on the logistics page linked above.

I encourage you to register early for this event as well, as early registration helps us with event planning and logistics, in addition to restaurant reserfvations.  (Please remember that you need not pay when you register; if desired you may wait until the event and pay by credit card.)

About the Roundtable Technical Conference:

The exact schedule for TC Sessions is not yet fixed but should be determined by the beginning of January.

Early registration for the Roundtable will be $350 through 11 January, 2013, and $395 after that date.  Another reason to register early: you won't forget and miss the early registration deadline.  Please note that the early registration about applies so long as you register <= 11 January, even if you don't actually pay until the event.

About the Interoperability Test Event:

At this point we are planning testing in the following areas:
CalDAV testing:
access (basic operations of CalDAV)
scheduling
sync report
mobile
managed attachments
sharing
iSchedule:
Server discovery
DKIM security - latest changes for header normalization
Timezone Service Protocol (new JSON spec) and Timezones by Reference
VPOLL initial testing
Autodiscovery protocol
iCalendar richtext properties (and hashing)
iCalendar/iMIP/iTIP testing
jCal, the JSON Format for iCalendar
xCal, the XML Format for iCalendar
CardDAV testing: Sync report, mobile
CalWS-REST and CalWS-SOAP, the web services protocols for iCalendar and WS-Calendar
In addition, participants may have other areas they wish to test and we will be happy to include them in our planning; the test event registration form provides a place to indicate what you want to test.  n all cases at least two participating organizations must be interested in testing a particular area or scenario to form testing pairs.

The information page for the Interoperability Test event is at http://www.calconnect.org/iop1301.shtml.

Please note that the Interoperability Test Event registration fee for non-vendor members is now $350 per person.  Test Event registration fees for vendor members and for non-members remain unchanged at $1795 and $2795 respectively for the first two participants, and $150 per additional participant.

See you in Santa Clara!

Dave Thewlis

--
Dave Thewlis, Executive Director
CalConnect - The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium