Re: [Isis-wg] Recommendations on model reuse?

"Osborne, Eric" <eric.osborne@level3.com> Wed, 30 July 2014 14:29 UTC

From: "Osborne, Eric" <eric.osborne@level3.com>
To: "Jeffrey (Zhaohui) Zhang" <zzhang@juniper.net>, "netmod@ietf.org" <netmod@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 14:29:50 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.1.196.205]
Cc: "isis-wg@ietf.org" <isis-wg@ietf.org>, "Wunan (Eric)" <eric.wu@huawei.com>, Hannes Gredler <hannes@juniper.net>, "Derek Man-Kit Yeung (myeung) (myeung@cisco.com)" <myeung@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] Recommendations on model reuse?

Cool, thanks.
For the record (since I didn't see it on the isis list) Jeffrey's reply was:

We did not talk explicitly about TE stuffs but more general parameters that are common to both IGP and that may be part of a superset IGP model.

I'm still open to have something hierarchical or using augmentations for common parameters but we need to agree on the scope.

I agree with this.
I'm also OK with developing three flat models in parallel (ISIS, OSPF, BGP-LS) as part of exploring what we can and cannot share.  I don't want to give the impression that we need to write a half-dozen documents around framework and structure before we actually do Real Work.  I just want to make sure that the end product has as much reuse as possible.

eric