Re: [Isis-wg] Proposed isis-wg documents - draft-ginsberg-isis-route-preference-00

<stephane.litkowski@orange.com> Thu, 21 August 2014 12:54 UTC

From: stephane.litkowski@orange.com
To: Christian Hopps <chopps@rawdofmt.org>, Uma Chunduri <uma.chunduri@ericsson.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 12:54:14 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.168.234.1]
Cc: Hannes Gredler <hannes@juniper.net>, "isis-wg@ietf.org list" <isis-wg@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] Proposed isis-wg documents - draft-ginsberg-isis-route-preference-00

Uma,

Chris is right. There is explicit route preference rules established for IPv6 TLVs (RFC5308), old IPv4 (RFC 5302) but unfortunately there's nothing in RFC5305 for extended IPv4 TLVs, so implementators can reuse behaviors from 5308 or 5302 or none of them. This, unfortunately, leads freedom for interoperability issues.
IMO, It makes sense to clarify the behavior.

Stephane