Re: [Isis-wg] Request for WG adoption of draft-xu-isis-mpls-elc-00

<stephane.litkowski@orange.com> Thu, 05 June 2014 14:02 UTC

From: stephane.litkowski@orange.com
To: Robert Raszuk <robert@raszuk.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 14:02:35 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.168.234.3]
Cc: "draft-xu-isis-mpls-elc@tools.ietf.org" <draft-xu-isis-mpls-elc@tools.ietf.org>, "isis-chairs@tools.ietf.org" <isis-chairs@tools.ietf.org>, "isis-wg@ietf.org" <isis-wg@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] Request for WG adoption of draft-xu-isis-mpls-elc-00

As far as I understand your proposal, you need to create forwarding entries "per flow" in all nodes, that's creating more states ...
Moreover, SIDs are bound to links and prefixes (not really node), so for Prefix SID, it's quite similar to a FEC , except that you can bind multiple SIDs to the same prefix. But each Prefix SID you are adding, adds a new forwarding state in the whole IGP domain.