[Isis-wg] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-isis-l2bundles-05: (with COMMENT)

Alissa Cooper <alissa@cooperw.in> Wed, 24 May 2017 14:50 UTC

From: Alissa Cooper <alissa@cooperw.in>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-isis-l2bundles@ietf.org, isis-chairs@ietf.org, hannes@gredler.at, isis-wg@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 07:50:49 -0700
Subject: [Isis-wg] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-isis-l2bundles-05: (with COMMENT)

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-isis-l2bundles-05: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-l2bundles/

COMMENT:

(1) I support Adam and Ekr's DISCUSSes about the security
considerations.

(2) I also agree that this document should not go forward until Clarence
confirms that all appropriate IPR disclosures have been filed.

(3) Given the point raised by the shepherd about protocol-agnosticism, it
seems like the existence of single mail (all I could find, but maybe
there is more?) from another WG participant who works for the same vendor
as several of the authors saying that he believes the encodings are
adaptable to OSPF is not quite sufficient justification for putting the
shepherd's concerns aside. OTOH, perhaps there is more context that is
not present in the ballot text, list archives, and minutes I reviewed, so
just flagging this in case there is further explanation that could be
provided to the IESG (don't think this would imply changes to the draft).