Re: [Isis-wg] ISIS-autoconf-04 submitted //FW: New Version Notification for draft-liu-isis-auto-conf-04.txt

Karsten Thomann <karsten_thomann@linfre.de> Sat, 06 June 2015 11:35 UTC

From: Karsten Thomann <karsten_thomann@linfre.de>
To: "Liubing (Leo)" <leo.liubing@huawei.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2015 13:35:26 +0000
Cc: "isis-wg@ietf.org" <isis-wg@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] ISIS-autoconf-04 submitted //FW: New Version Notification for draft-liu-isis-auto-conf-04.txt

Hi,

please see inline.

Am Freitag, 5. Juni 2015, 06:44:47 schrieb Liubing:
> Hi Karsten,
>
> Thanks for your review and comments. Please see replies inline.

I didn't wanted to start a real discussion, only express my personal concern that it is unlikely to be
supported in home networks, but likely in other areas where ISIS has advantages against OSPF.

> Regarding 3.3.2:
>
> What is exactly the duplication resolution, if the NET is used by an ISIS
> Router not capable of autoconfig?
>
> In my opinion the device which is auto config capable MUST recalculate its
> NET, if the other router does not advertise a Router-Fingerprint TLV.
>
> [Bing] The autoconfig should be a dedicated ISIS process that it won't be
> mixed with the non-autoconf routers. This is prevented by the
> Authentication TLV as described in 3.4.1.
Yes and no, the draft uses a MUST for the ability to change the password, and there are possible
cases where it is indended by design to use somewhere a link between a autoconf based network
and the not autoconf network...

I my opinion it's a bit weak argument to not specify that behavior explicitly.