Re: [Isis-wg] Latitude/Longitude Granularity in https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-shen-isis-geo-coordinates-03.txt

Peter Lothberg <roll@Stupi.SE> Thu, 24 August 2017 15:35 UTC

Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 15:33:00 +0000
From: Peter Lothberg <roll@Stupi.SE>
To: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <acee@cisco.com>
Cc: "isis-wg@ietf.org" <isis-wg@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] Latitude/Longitude Granularity in https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-shen-isis-geo-coordinates-03.txt

Acee,

(Thanks for the plain ascii...)

> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks for your detailed response. One thing we decided since my original
> query was to move the YANG geo-location type out of the
> ietf-routing-types.yang model since we thought that we didnbt have enough
> review and experience to model it correctly. We are going to put it in a
> separate YANG model and, based on your response, there may be more than
> one YANG type.

I'm happy to contribute on this, just put me in the loop.

A generic Yang model for describing a location would be very
useful. Just remember it's not as simple as it first looks.

I ended up digging into this when we needed to describe the network
as a graph, and you need to describe anything down to the location of
a connector on a panel/device in a building and then what
content/chanel is actually in that fiber/wire .

> We will be discussing this in the future.

Please keep me in the loop.

--Peter

(ps: we can use a yang model to tell time anywhere in universe to...)