Re: [Isis-wg] ISIS-autoconf-04 submitted //FW: New Version Notification for draft-liu-isis-auto-conf-04.txt

Karsten Thomann <karsten_thomann@linfre.de> Wed, 03 June 2015 19:36 UTC

From: Karsten Thomann <karsten_thomann@linfre.de>
To: isis-wg@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 21:36:06 +0000
Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] ISIS-autoconf-04 submitted //FW: New Version Notification for draft-liu-isis-auto-conf-04.txt

Hi,

some comments after reading the draft:

I'm not really convinced that this will really be implemented in a home network or small enterprise
networks, as ISIS isn't a protocol widely supported on that platforms.
I was thinking more about shortest path bridging switch autodiscovery, but this is only my own
opinion.

Regarding 3.3.2:
What is exactly the duplication resolution, if the NET is used by an ISIS Router not capable of
autoconfig?
In my opinion the device which is auto config capable MUST recalculate its NET, if the other router
does not advertise a Router-Fingerprint TLV.

I'm not able to find a similar approach for the OSPF RFC, as it seems to have the same problem.

I don't know if this is typical for english texts, but I'm not familiar with the form of ".etc" only "etc."
as this is written many times in that form.

Section 1.
andSection 3.5)./and Section 3.5). (missing space)

Section 3.4.3
Names TVL (TLV 137/Names TLV (TLV 137

Kind regards
Karsten