Re: [Isis-wg] Re: [Pce] Please comment on draft-ietf-pce-disco-proto-isis-07.txt

Hannes Gredler <hannes@juniper.net> Tue, 25 September 2007 15:23 UTC

Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 17:23:14 +0200
From: Hannes Gredler <hannes@juniper.net>
To: JP Vasseur <jvasseur@cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] Re: [Pce] Please comment on draft-ietf-pce-disco-proto-isis-07.txt
Cc: isis-wg@ietf.org, Jean-Philippe Vasseur <jpv@cisco.com>, pce@ietf.org, Acee Lindem <acee@redback.com>, Meral Shirazipour <meral.shirazipour@polymtl.ca>, Abhay Roy <akr@cisco.com>, Jean-Louis Le Roux <jeanlouis.leroux@orange-ftgroup.com>

hi jp,

agreed as far as pce is concerned,
one comment on the *If* section -

i do not think that replacing a bloated TLV with another
bloated TLV [genapp] will buy us anything. i.e. the
size is not getting smaller ;-)

[genapp] is primarily a vehicle for not running out of
TLV codepoints for 'per-application' use.

Given that the pced TLV is well structured and has a
proper support for TLV nesting there is no need to use
[genapp].

so at best a "may" is appropriate, certainly no "should".

/hannes