Re: [Isis-wg] [Bier] BAR field length in draft-ietf-bier-isis-extensions and draft-ietf-bier-ospf-extensions

Senthil Dhanaraj <senthil.dhanaraj@huawei.com> Tue, 20 February 2018 05:33 UTC

From: Senthil Dhanaraj <senthil.dhanaraj@huawei.com>
To: Alia Atlas <akatlas@gmail.com>
CC: BIER WG <bier@ietf.org>, "isis-wg@ietf.org list" <isis-wg@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 05:33:45 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.18.148.65]
Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] [Bier] BAR field length in draft-ietf-bier-isis-extensions and draft-ietf-bier-ospf-extensions

I’m not aware of any commercial (or sort of) deployments.

So I hope it’s early enough for the implementations to adjust - Just like the consensus we had on the other issue related to allowing 0 as a valid value for “label-range (now called as “max-si)” which in-fact had a interoperability issue for last SI.

I do understand/agree there would be backward/interop issue with older bier-igp drafts if we make a change (say option-B) now for BAR.
Peter Psenak / Ice – Comments ?

Thanks,
Senthil