Re: [Isis-wg] FW: I-D Action: draft-white-openfabric-00.txt

Hannes Gredler <hannes@gredler.at> Tue, 07 March 2017 05:13 UTC

To: Russ White <7riw77@gmail.com>, rtgwg@ietf.org, isis-wg@ietf.org
From: Hannes Gredler <hannes@gredler.at>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 06:13:47 +0100
Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] FW: I-D Action: draft-white-openfabric-00.txt

hi russ,

couple of comments / questions.

1)
---
   OpenFabric implementations MUST NOT be mixed with standard IS-IS
   implementations in operational deployments.  OpenFabric and standard
   IS-IS implementations SHOULD be treated as two separate protocols.
---

any hard feelings about using MI as a way of guaranteeing that the two
protocols are shielded from each other ?

2) Modified Adjacency Formation

rather than doing the "only one adjacency is up" (which we did prior to
the graceful-restart SA bit) - suggest to use the graceful-restart 'SA'
bit, such that a node can bring up the adjacency without generating a
new LSP. The LSP can then be generated if the initial-sync is done
(and the new LSP arrival rate indicates that the dust is settling)
such that the LSP may get released.

3) Flooding Optimization
it looks to me you have re-invented the OLSR MPR set.
perhaps you may want to add a reference.

/hannes