Re: [Isis-wg] ISIS-autoconf-04 submitted //FW: New Version Notification for draft-liu-isis-auto-conf-04.txt

"Liubing (Leo)" <leo.liubing@huawei.com> Thu, 11 June 2015 06:02 UTC

From: "Liubing (Leo)" <leo.liubing@huawei.com>
To: Karsten Thomann <karsten_thomann@linfre.de>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 06:01:53 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.111.98.117]
Cc: "isis-wg@ietf.org" <isis-wg@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Isis-wg] ISIS-autoconf-04 submitted //FW: New Version Notification for draft-liu-isis-auto-conf-04.txt

Hi Karsten,

Thanks for your detailed explanation, please see replies inline.

[Bing] Ah, I think we had different assumption. I assumed the auto-conf routers and non-autoconf routers are basically separated; but I guess your case assuming they are mixed together. I think we need to think a bit more whether autoconf routers tolerance a non-autoconf router to join in the autoconf area when the non-auto router's AuthTLV is correct but without a Router-Fingerprint TLV. And vice versa, the autoconf router accidently plugged into a non-auto area and the AuthTLV is by accident be set the same as the non-auto area.
If this is valid use case, then I think the autoconf router should re-caulculate the NET in both cases.

Best regards,
Bing