Re: ISN future direction?

Lim Fung <limfung@pacific.net.sg> Mon, 06 July 1998 13:11 UTC

Delivery-Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 09:11:57 -0400
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 21:02:25 +0800
From: Lim Fung <limfung@pacific.net.sg>
To: Jodi-Ann Ito <jodi@hawaii.edu>
cc: isn-wg@nasa.gov
Subject: Re: ISN future direction?
Sender: owner-isn-wg@nasa.gov

On Mon, 6 Jul 1998, Jodi-Ann Ito wrote:

> Let me quickly summarize the different thoughts that people had
> as to what ISN's future direction/projects could be:
> - update the RFCs (K-12 Internetworking Guidelines, FAQ for Schools,
>   and Ways to Define User Expectation) (any or all...)

That's a definite must.

> - complete the Common Pitfalls doc
> - look for ways to keep information current and available to schools

how about keeping a web site for the WG, I'm not sure if one is around.

> - exploring ISOC/IETF relations and possibilities
> - revisit our role in advocacy and try to identify current needs of
>   primary and secondary schools
> - develop recommendations regarding "student safety on the net" (proxy
>   servers, filters and filtering, security issues, etc.)

How about something on maximizing system resources, or some pointers to
performance tuning to run an effecient network as well? I'm not sure if
that'll be out of the scope but I just thought it might be useful.

rgds,

-Lim Fung