ISN future direction?

Jodi-Ann Ito <jodi@hawaii.edu> Mon, 06 July 1998 10:21 UTC

Delivery-Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 06:21:28 -0400
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 1998 00:09:42 -1000
From: Jodi-Ann Ito <jodi@hawaii.edu>
To: isn-wg@nasa.gov
Subject: ISN future direction?
Sender: owner-isn-wg@nasa.gov

Hi,
Let me quickly summarize the different thoughts that people had
as to what ISN's future direction/projects could be:
- update the RFCs (K-12 Internetworking Guidelines, FAQ for Schools,
  and Ways to Define User Expectation) (any or all...)
- complete the Common Pitfalls doc
- look for ways to keep information current and available to schools
- exploring ISOC/IETF relations and possibilities
- revisit our role in advocacy and try to identify current needs of
  primary and secondary schools
- develop recommendations regarding "student safety on the net" (proxy
  servers, filters and filtering, security issues, etc.)

Apologies if I have missed any others (or mis-paraphrased) - please feel
free to send me a note/correction to jog my memory.... and if anyone has
any other things to add, please send it to the list.

Since we do need to update our charter, which things should we focus on?
I'm assuming that most feel that ISN is still useful and we should
continue onward? :-)  If not, please say so too....  Thanks.
-jodi