Subject: Re: [ipwave] wish list for CAs for vehicular networks

From: Mounira MSAHLI <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 15:53:59 +0200

>
> Can you comment on this wish list?
>

> Wish list for CAs for vehicular networks
>
> >> - the CA must be reachable on IPv6, and their website too.
>
        Could you please mention why not IPv4 ?

> - the specs of CAs for vehicular networks must be available on IPv6
>    (e.g. on an IPv6 website, FTP directory, or GIT shared space).
>

You mean certificate policy. I have the same question. You are specifying
the IP protocol for the PKI website. I agree that document must be
published and available to PKI users but why IPV6 ?

- the specs of CA must be implementable independently of other paying
>    sources such as (some) from IEEE or ISO.  For example, the ETSI ITS
>    spec that IMPORTS 1609.2 does not qualify because in the end it is
>    paying.  But the X.509 in RFC 5280 does not rely on other paying
>    documents in order to implement (I think?).
>

William could answer you this question better than me because it was
already asked by ETSI.

- the CA must offer OCSP reachability on IPv6.

I find that all recommandations are related to the use of IPv6 not really
the
security or privacy in C-ITS. By analogy with what you are suggesting, I
think  that you would prefer to use IPv6 for the upload of log and download
of updates and all V2I communications not only V2PKI connexion.

Mounira