* Date & Time: 11/21/2019, 3:30PM to 4:30PM * Place: Bras Basah in Raffles City Convention Center * Agenda - IPWAVE Hackathon Project (Yiwen Chris Shen, 5 min) - IPWAVE Problem Statement Draft (Jaehoon Paul Jeong, 5 min) - Vehicular Neighbor Discovery Draft (Yiwen Chris Shen, 5 min) - Vehicular Mobility Management Draft (Yiwen Chris Shen, 5 min) - Security and Privacy Draft (Jaehoon Paul Jeong, 5 min) - Context-Aware Navigator Draft (Yiwen Chris Shen, 5 min) - Neighbor Vehicle Discovery and Service (Zhiwei Yan, 5 min) - Open Discussion for IPWAVE WG Progress (30 min) * Participants (13 people) Jaehwoon Lee (DGU), Hyojoon Han (DGU), Yongjoon Joe (LSware), Duke Moon (Hansol), Jungsoo Park (ETRI), Bin-Yeong Yoon (ETRI), Guang Gary Gang (CNNIC), Zhiwei Yan (CNNIC), Ruidong Li (NICT), Yang Hua Rui (Huawei), Chaehong Chung (SKKU), Yiwen Chris Shen (SKKU), and Jaehoon Paul Jeong (SKKU) * Side Meeting Facilitator: Jaehoon Paul Jeong * Notetaker: Yiwen Chris Shen * Meeting ----- Paul: Introduce agenda. ----- * IPWAVE Hackathon Project Chris: Introduce IPWAVE hackathon: - Cisco blog for IPWAVE Hackathon Project: https://blogs.cisco.com/developer/ipwave-ietf-106-hackathon https://blogs.cisco.com/developer/ietf-hackathon-106 - Github for IPWAVE open source project: https://github.com/ipwave-hackathon-ietf/ipwave-hackathon-ietf-106 - Youtube for IETF-106 IPWAVE Hackathon demonstration: https://youtu.be/gQxOLU740b4 ----- * IPWAVE Problem Statement Draft Paul: PS document, need more energy Update from previous version, comments from C. Perkins Going through some important revisions Comments from Carlos, still ongoing work Next step: find 5 reviewers to review the PS document Collaboration with the industry such as Hyundai Motors. ----- * Vehicular Neighbor Discovery Draft, Vehicular Mobility Management Draft, Security and Privacy Draft, and Context-Aware Navigator Draft Paul: Introduce the VND draft Mix ND with routing received resistance Introduce mobility management in the vehicular environments. Plan to have a hackathon for DMM-based mobility management Introduce security and privacy document and next step. ----- * Neighbor Vehicle Discovery and Service Zhiwei: Introduce service and neighbor discovery in ITS Consider the name of a vehicle as an identifier or address Multi-DNS can be used for service discovery ND-based on mDNS ad-hoc based approach RSU-based service discovery Introduce some scenarios about ND based mDNS service discovery There some limitations on how to use mDNS based approaches Paul: Asking a question how to combine ND and mDNS messages. Zhiwei: ND can be triggered when sending mDNS messages. ----- * Open Discussion for IPWAVE WG Progress Paul: Introduce action items, continue revising PS documents. Park: My current work for IPWAVE security considers a block-chain-based network, I'd like to get involved into vehicular networks. IPWAVE WG is a good place to develop related work. Lin: I am not familiar with this IPWAVE WG, but I think vehicular network is an important work item in IPWAVE WG. Youn: I have a question with WG collaborations, since IPWAVE WG's work is very close to IP security WGs. The collaboration can provide a better way to continue the work. Paul: I have been working on I2NSF work, so we can suggest that its work can be used for IPWAVE security. Moon: I am interested in the work in this WG, I will try to contribute and suggest some work in this WG. Jo: I'm from a company, I have been working on the IP-based services. Han: I am also considering security side of work items in IPWAVE WG. I need to read the drafts and then give some comments. Paul: Vehicle networks will be important to future ITS. Thank you for your attention. Hope see you in the next meeting in Vancouver in Canada. ----- END