[ipwave] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipwave-problem-statement-00.txt

internet-drafts@ietf.org Mon, 03 July 2017 14:43 UTC

From: internet-drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Cc: its@ietf.org
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 07:43:56 -0700
Subject: [ipwave] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ipwave-problem-statement-00.txt

This draft is a work item of the IP Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments of the IETF.

        Title           : Problem Statement for IP Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments
        Authors         : Jaehoon Paul Jeong
                          Alex Petrescu
                          Tae (Tom) Oh
                          Dapeng Liu
                          Charles E. Perkins
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ipwave-problem-statement-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2017-07-03

Abstract:
   This document provides a problem statement for IP Wireless Access in
   Vehicular Environments (IPWAVE), that is, vehicular networks.  This
   document addresses the extension of IPv6 as the network layer
   protocol in vehicular networks.  It deals with networking issues in
   one-hop communication between a Road-Side Unit (RSU) and a vehicle,
   that is, "vehicle-to-infrastructure" (V2I) communication.  It also
   deals with one-hop communication between two neighboring vehicles,
   that is, "vehicle-to-vehicle" (V2V) communication.  Major issues
   about IPv6 in vehicular networks include neighbor discovery protocol,
   stateless address autoconfiguration, and DNS configuration for
   Internet connectivity.  When a vehicle and an RSU have an internal
   network (respectively), the document discusses internetworking issues
   between two internal networks through either V2I or V2V
   communication.  Those issues include prefix discovery, prefix
   exchange, service discovery, security, and privacy.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipwave-problem-statement/

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-problem-statement-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ipwave-problem-statement-00

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/