[ITU+IETF] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-vaudreuil-enum-e164dir-00.txt

Richard Shockey <rshockey@ix.netcom.com> Thu, 16 March 2000 20:20 UTC

Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 14:17:40 -0600
To: itu+ietf@ietf.org
From: Richard Shockey <rshockey@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: [ITU+IETF] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-vaudreuil-enum-e164dir-00.txt
Sender: itu+ietf-admin@ietf.org

FYI

draft-vaudreuil-enum-e164-00.txt is the result of combining mine and Greg's
work in ENUM and various industry forums (EMA, ICMA, TMA).  It obsoletes
Greg's drafts draft-vaudreuil-vpimdir-ars-00.txt and
draft-vaudreuil-vpimdir-principles-00.txt.  The two drafts
draft-ema-vpimdir-schema-01.txt and draft-vaudreuil-vpimdir-avs.txt will be
combined into one new draft in the future discussing the VPIM-specific
directory schema.  draft-brown-e164-01.txt still stands as a separate
proposal which has a wider scope than ENUM.  There are several important
requirements that were taken out of
draft-vaudreuil-vpimdir-principles-00.txt that should go in the next
version of draft-enum-rqmts-00.txt.  Any changes to the requirements draft,
however, will be discussed on the ENUM list first.

>To: IETF-Announce: ;
>From: Internet-Drafts@ietf.org
>Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-vaudreuil-enum-e164dir-00.txt
>Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 06:28:53 -0500
>Sender: nsyracus@cnri.reston.va.us
>
>A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
>directories.
>

>         Title           : Telephone Number Based Directory Service
>         Author(s)       : A. Brown, G. Vaudreuil
>         Filename        : draft-vaudreuil-enum-e164dir-00.txt
>         Pages           : 13
>         Date            : 09-Mar-00
>
>This document outlines the principles for the operation of a
>telephone number directory service.  This service provides for the
>resolution of telephone numbers into Internet domain name addresses
>and service specific directory discovery.
>
>A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vaudreuil-enum-e164dir-00.txt
>
>Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
>"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
>type "cd internet-drafts" and then
>         "get draft-vaudreuil-enum-e164dir-00.txt".
>
>A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
>http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
>or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>

>Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.
>
>Send a message to:
>         mailserv@ietf.org.
>In the body type:
>         "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vaudreuil-enum-e164dir-00.txt".
>
>NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
>         MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
>         feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
>         command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
>         a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
>         exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
>         "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
>         up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
>         how to manipulate these messages.
>

>Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
>implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
>Internet-Draft.
>
>ENCODING mime
>FILE /internet-drafts/draft-vaudreuil-enum-e164dir-00.txt
>
><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vaudreuil-enum-e164dir-00.txt>

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting LLC
8045 Big Bend Blvd. Suite 110
St. Louis, MO 63119
Voice 314.918.9020
eFAX Fax to EMail 815.333.1237 (Preferred for Fax)
INTERNET Mail & IFAX : rshockey@ix.netcom.com
GSTN Fax 314.918.9015
MediaGate iPost VoiceMail and Fax 800.260.4464