Subject: [JMAP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-jmap-metadata-02.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 May 2026 11:24:56 -0700
List-Id: JSON Meta Access Protocol <jmap.ietf.org>

Internet-Draft draft-ietf-jmap-metadata-02.txt is now available. It is a work
item of the JSON Mail Access Protocol (JMAP) WG of the IETF.

   Title:   JMAP Object Metadata
   Author:  Mauro De Gennaro
   Name:    draft-ietf-jmap-metadata-02.txt
   Pages:   30
   Dates:   2026-05-27

Abstract:

   This document defines an extension to the JSON Meta Application
   Protocol (JMAP) that lets clients and servers attach metadata to
   existing JMAP data types.  Each opted-in data type gains two new
   properties, metadata and privateMetadata, whose values are objects
   keyed by _namespace identifier_. A namespace identifier is either a
   name registered with IANA or a domain name controlled by the vendor
   providing the namespace; the latter allows vendors and applications
   to extend the metadata schema without prior coordination.  Because
   metadata is carried as a property on the related object, clients use
   the existing /get, /set, /changes, and /query methods to read,
   modify, and synchronize it.

The IETF datatracker status page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jmap-metadata/

There is also an HTMLized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-jmap-metadata-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url2=draft-ietf-jmap-metadata-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at:
rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts