Subject: [JMAP] I-D Action: draft-ietf-jmap-blobext-00.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2026 15:11:23 -0700
List-Id: JSON Meta Access Protocol <jmap.ietf.org>

Internet-Draft draft-ietf-jmap-blobext-00.txt is now available. It is a work
item of the JSON Mail Access Protocol (JMAP) WG of the IETF.

   Title:   JMAP Blob Extensions
   Author:  Bron Gondwana
   Name:    draft-ietf-jmap-blobext-00.txt
   Pages:   32
   Dates:   2026-04-13

Abstract:

   The JMAP base protocol (RFC8620) provides the ability to upload and
   download arbitrary binary data.  This binary data is called a "blob",
   and can be used in all other JMAP extensions.

   The JMAP blob extension (RFC9404) added additional ways to create and
   access blobs by making inline method calls within a standard JMAP
   request.

   This extension adds more methods to work with blobs, including
   handling large blobs by processing them in chunks (building on
   RFC9404's blob construction support), and providing server-side blob
   conversion operations: image format conversion, archive creation and
   extraction (zip, tar, cpio), compression and decompression, and
   delta/patch operations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-jmap-blobext/

There is also an HTMLized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-jmap-blobext-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at:
rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts